4/7/13

Posted by Kara on 12:47 PM



Excuse me while I state the obvious here: being broke sucks. As much as I love eating quesadillas for lunch all the time, they get old after awhile. So I decided to spice things up by eating, yes, mac and cheese. The old childhood classic. However, to my mother's disappointment I refused to eat it with the healthy sides of apple slices and a tuna sandwich. Instead, I decided to do my family a favor and get rid of the bell peppers that were starting to wrinkle because no one wants to eat them. I'm a saint, I know. I was feeling really tired (I got off work at 11:30 pm and had to wake up at 6:00 for a dance exam) and didn't want to put too much effort into it, and came up with this. I present to you...(dramatic pause) my mac and cheese!

This is about as simple as it gets. Follow the box instructions, saute stuff, eat. It's kind of awesome.

Ingredients
box of mac and cheese (cooked according to directions)
1 small bell pepper, whatever color, chopped
1/2 Tbs minced garlic
1 Tbs butter


Melt butter in a pot. Saute chopped pepper until they start to soften.
Add the garlic and saute for another minute. 
After prepping your mac and cheese, toss the peppers on top.


Garnish with a little bit of ground black pepper.

Enjoy!





Categories: