3/21/13

Posted by Kara on 6:55 PM


So...I have a big family. When I cook, I have to cook a lot. I didn't have a whole lot of time today, so I turned to my "go-to" ingredient: chicken. After using a package of 7 drumsticks and a small whole chicken, I added a brown sugar and BBQ rub chopped some veggies, and let it cook while I was in class. It was so great. For being in a hurry and doing a total improv of what to add for flavor, it was fantastic. I've tried to reduce the amount so it serves about 4 instead of 10.

Ingredients
4 chicken drumsticks
small bag of baby carrots (or you could chop up carrot sticks, your choice)
1 medium onion, chopped
3 or 4 Tbs. butter, melted
1/2 cup breadcrumbs, ground until it's pretty much sand
4 Tbs. paprika
4 Tbs. chili powder
1 Tbs. salt
1 Tbs. pepper
1 Tbs. garlic powder
1 Tbs. onion powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
4 Tbs. dry BBQ rub
1/2 cup brown sugar

Preheat your oven to 350.


Step One: mix all your dry ingredients together until everything is even throughout.


Step Two: chop vegetables, melt butter, and set everything aside.


Step Three: brush melted butter onto both sides of drumstick, and
add a generous amount of rub.


Step Four: place your drumsticks into a well greased baking pot
(make sure your pot has a lid, and obviously is oven safe)


Step Five: Place your chicken in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
Pull out, add your vegetables, and bake for 20 more minutes.


Step Six: serve and enjoy!

Categories: