3/20/13

Posted by Kara on 2:03 PM


I don't know about you, but I'm the person that pulls out cheese and tortillas and calls it good. However, today I was feeling a little bit adventurous and wanted to add something more solid to my sad daily diet of cheese and flour. I didn't have time to add shredded, slow cooker chicken since I had to run to class, so I went with a veggie quesadilla. The original recipe that I used called for chopped red bell pepper, but since I didn't have one I added cilantro instead.

Ingredients
2 flour tortillas
sliced or shredded cheddar (or pepper jack) cheese
1/4 cup whole kernel corn
1/4 cup black beans
fresh chopped cilantro


Step One: prep your corn, beans, and cilantro


On medium heat, place one tortilla in a sprayed pan. Layer your
cheese, beans, corn, and cilantro. Cover with your other
tortilla. Cook until tortilla is a golden brown, then flip. Cook
for about three more minutes then take off the heat.


Slice into quarters and serve with salsa or sour cream. Enjoy!


To view the original recipe, to go:




Categories: ,