3/13/13

Posted by Kara on 12:12 PM


I'm going to be honest here, I am NOT a breakfast person (or a morning person, but that's beside the point). In the rare occasions I eat breakfast, I can guarantee that it'll be a toasted bagel with cream cheese. But of course cream cheese can be pricey, so I don't eat breakfast. While going through a millions of food items on Pinterest, I found this lovely recipe, and decided to give it a try. Be warned: the recipe called for 8 pieces of bread, but I could barely finish two because they're so filling!

Ingredients:
8 slices of white sandwich bread (I used wheat, since it was all I had)
2 eggs
3 Tbsp. milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
well greased pan
any filling that your heart desires

Place the egg and milk into a wide and shallow bowl (so you can dip the rolls)
and beat lightly.
Combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a separate bowl.

Step One: cut off the crusts of your bread slices. Using a rolling pin,
roll your bread until it's flat(ish).
Step Two: Add the fillings of your choice, making sure that the 
bulky items (such as bananas, jam, and chocolate chips) are placed on
one side of the bread. Roll up.
Step Three: Dip the bread into the milk and egg mixture, but don't 
soak it. Roll in the cinnamon and sugar until nicely coated. 
Cook in a greased pan on medium high, rotating until each side is
a golden brown color and has a crisp texture to it.
Step Four: Serve with syrup and, like always, enjoy!



To view the original recipe, go to:

Categories: ,